Monday, February 20, 2012

He ain't heavy, he's a guaranteed boost to sales this month!

The fireman's carry is one of the easiest ways for a person to carry another person without assistance, the superhero carry however is something else altogether.*

The earliest example I can find is in Batman 156, ever the iconoclast Bats does it with the head of Robin, the Is He Dead Again? Wonder, facing to the right.


It has been used a lot after that, from the 50s to I don’t… next week?


Some we have here are


Sergeant Rock in an unusually touchy feelie mood while DC’s Go-Go Check of the time watch on.


Superman practicing with Lois in the 70s with Lois as a stand-in for Supergirl in the future.


Marvel’s Captain Marvel (not be confused with the REAL Captain Marvel!) in a pose I’ve seen somewhere else. Oh yeah, I know, on the cover of an early graphic novel, but I used this one as the earlier version was a little to cluttered for my taste.


See… that practice from the 70s paid off.


Worked so well that it keeps rising from the ashes like a phoenix. Ah heh


They killed Robin again? You bastards!


Still there is just something familiar about this pose… have I seen it somewhere before?


Ooooooh yeah.



* by the way, just for the record, carring someone in the manner above is bad both their and your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment